Monday, June 24, 2013

Sewing Success!

Mommy Bucket List Project #1 - Square Circle Skirt

I have always wanted to make a piece of clothing for my girls.  Well finally I gave it a try and even saved a scrap to make a headband! I saw this super cute and easy tutorial on Pinterest.  Of course I didn't read all of the super easy directions before going out to buy the fabric.  :0)  I bought cotton instead of knit which just required me to hem and all that jazz.  The skirt is FAR FROM PERFECT (the points are totally uneven) but my daughter loved how twirly it is and for a first try it isn't too bad.  Plus I again got to BUY LOCAL!  We have a wonderful little shop in town called "The Fabric Hut and Gift Gallery" where I purchased everything I needed at affordble small town prices!

  

Here is the link I followed and will try again when I can get my hands on some knit fabric and cute elastic!

The only diffrence in mine is that I took two square pieces fo fabric and sewed them together. Then when I cut the circle for the waist I turned it inside out to create the hem, then attached the elastic.  Hence the uneven points!  Still fun and super easy!!  I can't wait to try it again the "right way".



Buy Local!  
Fabric Hut and Gift Gallery
  • 203 W Main St
  • Louisa, VA 23093
(540) 967-1630




No comments:

Post a Comment